Now that I just delivered our Baby #2 (a week ago), I want to share these freebies list with you when my memory is still fresh. Our body goes through a lot during pregnancy and delivery that these products we receive in the hospital help a lot during the first few days after delivery (and sometimes longer). As a followup to baby freebies for expecting moms, here are the list of freebies you can get from the Hospital post-delivery.
For The Mom:
- Mesh panties
- Disposable underpads
- Hospital squeeze bottle
- Wound creams
- Pain relieving spray
- Maternity pads
- Travel toothbrush
- Travel toothpaste
- Bath and body products (if you don’t find them in the bathroom, you can request some)
- Witch hazel pads
- Water jug – I used my own water bottle instead
- Egg crate foam
- I didn’t know about egg crate during when I delivered our son 3 years ago. During the hospital stay this time, a nurse gave me egg crate when I had a hard time sitting on the bed. It was super comfortable that I carried it home and have been using it ever since.
For The Baby:
- Newborn diaper
- Baby wipes
- Nasal aspirator
- Baby comb
- Baby formula
Other items I haven’t mentioned are, baby blankets and baby clothes that you can use at the hospital. We never carried them home after the stay even though I don’t think it would be a problem.
During my first delivery hospital stay, I had no idea food is covered with the hospital stay until the last day. So, this time I specifically asked them how I/my guest can order food to make sure I don’t pay anything extra for the food that’s already covered under the stay. Some hospitals do offer food for one guest.
- 8 Baby Freebies For Expecting Moms
- How To Choose 529 Plan For Kids Education?
- Child Planning Checklist
Note: some of the links in this post are affiliate links. By taking action through these links, I’ll be able to earn some money at no cost to you.