Lately, we have been using tofu as a burger patty when making burger for dinner. I used to buy organic veggie burger patties and they are so expensive (1 patty was more than a $1). Instead, I started making burger patties using organic tofu. I typically marinate tofu with salad dressing and the end result was decent.
For the past couple of weeks, I decided to marinate with indian spices and the result is soooo good. The burger patty came out spicy and tasty that we started eating it as an appetizer.
As I mentioned earlier, not all my recipes come out well (example, my Instagram rambling here)
So, if I’m sharing a recipe here, you can assume that it tastes good. If you love Indian food and want some spicy veggie burger patty, you should give this one a try.
- Chat masala – 1 tablespoon
- Chilli powder – 3 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Extra firm tofu – 1 packet
- Sesame oil – 1/4 cup
- Remove the tofu from the package and press well to drain the water
- Place a heavy object on top of the tofu and let it sit for 30 minutes to drain the water completely (I keep my Instantpot on top of tofu covered in cloth)
- Once all the water is drained, cut the tofu into 8 pieces
- Combine all the other ingredients above in a bowl
- Marinate the tofu with the mix and let it sit for 30 minutes
- Pan fry the tofu for 5 minutes each side and serve
My burger contains 1 piece of the tofu patty, 1 spinach omlette, and cheese. If I have more time, I serve my burgers with over baked sweet potato french fries.